Friday, April 27, 2012

Week 13: Oh the Sweet Sweet Smell of Success

I DID IT!


As of about 1:30 on Tuesday, 4/24 my student teaching papers were signed and I am now eligible to apply for an initial license in Massachusetts.  There is no greater feeling in the world than having a lot of hard-work pay off and begin reaping the rewards.  While I still have to teach for one more week (just enough time to sneak one more test in with my classes, they're SO excited...) the stressful part of this semester is over.  I suppose it's a good thing that as the semester progressed, it was not the teaching or lesson planning that really stressed me out, but the PPA and other documentation that I had to continuously modify and resubmit in order to prove that I was fulfilling all of the requirements for licensure.   


Also, I found out on Thursday that I have been accepted into a M.ed in Special Education for Students with Moderate Disabilities program at BSU! (as if the week could get any better!)  So as this chapter of my education career comes to a close, the next stage is already set and I can't slow down until it's all complete.


Image - monicadmuriga.com
It feels a little premature to give an overall summary of the semester in this blog post as I still have 1 week remaining, so I think I'll keep this one brief and save the best for last.


-MB


No comments:

Post a Comment