Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 12: A Sigh of Relief



Vacation starts today at 2:15pm!  It's hard to tell who's more excited, the students or the teachers.  I, for one, have a plethora of reasons to be excited:
  1. Tomorrow is my brother's wedding, sure to be a great time!
  2. Last night at approximately 11pm I clicked submit on my final completed PPA standard (hopefully the revisions are few)
  3. Vacation not only includes sleeping in, but also attending a Red Sox game (which will be fun regardless of their winning ability...)
  4. There are only 2 weeks left of teaching after vacation and then my four years of undergrad comes to a close!
Image - www.cartoonstock.com
As my active, stress-inducing, paperwork driven portion of the semester comes to an end I have one plan in mind for my last two-weeks of teaching: Enjoy it!  No, I will not give easy assignments or sit back and let the students do as they please for the remainder.  I actually plan on giving a test on my second-to-last day.  Some would say this is crazy (because it likely means I'll still be correcting them after I'm supposed to be done) but I can't help but teach until my last possible moment.  This semester has helped me realize how much I truly do love teaching.  There is nothing more satisfying to me than knowing I can wake up at 5am and start my day with a coffee and go and shape the growing minds of young-adults and make them more aware of the world around them and how it came to be.  Without the dark cloud of licensure paperwork hanging over my head, I can completely concentrate my efforts on effective teaching for the last 10 days.

Happy vacation to those of you who have one!

-MB

No comments:

Post a Comment