Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Big Day Tomorrow!

So it's Tuesday, which means tomorrow is Wednesday January 18, 2012, a.k.a. the first day of student teaching.  After meeting with my cooperating teachers and the head of the social studies department last Friday I can confidently say I feel ready for this adventure.  Yes, I'm likely to lose sleep tonight and many nights to come. Yes, the work will be very hard at times (the student teaching manual is 115 pages long...), but I'm ready to rumble!  


I will be teaching two freshman world history classes and one sophomore U.S. history class.  Two of them are honors and one is college prep which means I'll have a whole range of personalities and classroom dynamics to work with throughout my day.  From the looks of things, I'll be teaching topics ranging from the Renaissance to Colonization in World History and the early presidents to just before the Civil War in U.S. History (seeing as I'm a history nerd, I find these topics quite exciting).


For now I have to will the hours of the day to go by and try and stay busy so I don't drive myself into a panic.  For all the other student teachers starting their adventures tomorrow as well, I wish you all good luck!


image - www.cartoonstock.com
-MB

1 comment: